The Norbertine Order has approximately 1500 members world-wide. The five pillars that form the bedrock of the Norbertine way of life are the Divine Office, the zeal for the salvation of souls, the spirit of continual penance, the Holy Eucharist, and the devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Second World War had a disconcerting effect on the Norbertine order in Europe. The confreres had to leave the Czech Abbey of Tepl due to political upsurge of 1949 and settle first in Schonau and later in Villingen in the year 1973.
From Villingen a new off-shoot of Tepl was born when its reigning Abbot, the late Rev. Wolf Gang Bohm founded a branch of Tepl at Mananthavady in Kerela. Even after the Abbey at Tepl in Obermedlingen was dissolved, its off - shoot at Mananthavady continued to flourish. In 1978 the Norbertines of the Stift Tepl Villingen came to Mananthavady with the generous goodwill of His Excellency Mar. Jacob Thoomkuzhy, then Bishop of the diocese of Mananthavady and made a mark for themselves under the dynamic and inspiring leadership of their first Rector, Fr.Mathew Kattady. The Mananthavady Norbertines commit themselves to serving in social, educational, pastoral and other charitable ministries.
St. Norbert School, Doddagubbi was founded in 2014 under the Society of the Norbertine Fathers, Bangalore with the sole aim of providing quality education and molding the students to have clear insight and a strong sense of ethics. The school has up to Grade 7 in this academic year and will be upgraded every year.
St. Norbert School had a humble beginning with classes upto Grade 2, however giving keen attention to the quality of education provided from the very inception of the school. Qualified and efficient staff and the Management together worked hard to build the school up in academic and co-curricular excellence of the students.
The school reached Grade 5 in the academic year 2015-16, Grade 6 in 2016-17, Grade 7 in 2017-18 and has upto Grade 8 in this academic year, 2018-19.
St. Norbert School is situated in a green and spacious campus, and the school building is equipped with all required facilities to meet all necessary needs of the students and staff.
The school is affiliated to the Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).